Frequently Asked Questions
Les réponses à vos questions les plus courantes au sujet de nos produits Si toutefois vous ne trouviez pas votre bonheur, n’hésitez pas à nous contacter.
1. Are your products really 100% organic?
2. What does CEDRE mean?
CEDRE is first and foremost an international expert on water accidental pollution. It has been operating in France and abroad for almost 40 years. CEDRE is also a French governmental-approved public service organization whose mission is to provide advice and expertise to French or foreign private authorities and structures in charge of pollution response. GREEN KEEPER AFRICA certied its absorbents because:
- It strengthens our customers’ trust
- It is a sign of quality and safety, controlled by an independent third party
3. How to store GKA products?
Our absorbers are stable products. However, they should be kept away from moisture. In order to respond to emergencies, it is important to build your stock in advance. The right amount can be defined in terms of potential accident situations (situation assessment). Types of products and quantities depend on the type of situation, its frequency and the potential number of interventions.
4. Are there any videos proving the fiber’s effectiveness?
Videos are available on our Youtube channel => Green Keeper Africa Official. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv0vxDAbZo6NAarIvyJ1FfQ/featured You will find videos concerning:
- GKSORB absorbent’s efficiency with real-time filmed demonstrations
- Green Keeper Africa’s presentation
- Green Keeper Africa's Social Responsibility
5. Can GKA products absorb anything else besides pollutants?
Yes, our absorbers can absorb all types of liquids but in different proportions. For more information about this Contact us
6. Do we have to grow this invasive plant to keep our activity in place?
The Water Hyacinth’s replication ability is such that we will never need to grow it! One plant produces 600,000 plants in 1 year. Each plant produces 2,000 seeds per year. These seeds remain viable for a period going between 5 and 20 years! The water hyacinth is classified as one of the most invasive plants in the world.
7. Can all liquid absorbers absorb hydrocarbons?
Our all-liquid absorber is specially designed to absorb hydrocarbons in addition to other liquid pollutants. For optimal use, we recommend using any liquid to absorb hydrocarbons, then using the special finishing absorber to complete absorption and cleaning of the area!
8. What if I put absorbent fiber in my eyes?
Our products are 100% organic and natural. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with clear water.
9. How to obtain practical and technical advice?
Our team is at your disposal and will be happy to answer all of your questions!
10. What to do with fiber or packaged products once soiled? What are the different recycling options for the GKA absorber once used?
[Our GKSORB® absorbent can be incinerated after use. In Benin, we work with a partner specialized in waste management, who collects soiled absorbents on site. The absorber is taken to our Green Keeper Africa depollution site. Waste will then be sorted, classified, dried and transported to the disposal site for incineration, which takes place in a cement clinker oven.
11. How much does it cost to process waste?
Contact us! We will analyse together all the possibilities you have to process your soiled absorbers’ waste and make a customized proposal, adapted to your needs and constraints.